Sunday, December 30, 2012

Snow storm

It's been snowing and blowing all since sometime in the night. We're waiting for it to abate so we can get out and do some snow blowing. This is the view from my dining room window.

I've spent the day listening to some new CD's while free motion stitching and quilting my snowflakes. How appropriate!

I think I may have to use the envelope method to finish this one as I can't find an appropriate fabric large enough to make a bias binding. You can't tell here but it is round.

On the postcard size piece, I decided to add some beads.

5 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Getting it here too Holly.....your quilting is beautiful

Anonymous said...

I agree with Marjorie - you quilt beautifully! I love the added beads on the postcard piece.

imquilternity said...

What a beautiful piece. Your quilting is just perfect to accent the snowflakes. Your snowfall is to be envied.

elle said...

You are making headlines on CBC! Stay warm! Great job !

Wendy said...

Looking good Holly. Maybe I have something suitable for binding...I will be home tomorrow.