Friday, March 30, 2012

shibori birch trees with leaves

I know it's spring and I am excited about it, truly, you've seen my sketches and my tulips, but this idea has been n my head since last fall. It is finally finding it's way out. Using the pinking rotary cuter, I had time before leaving for my errands this morning to get some 'leaves' cut, and I laid them out on the birch trees. already they are coming alive!

I will free motion stitch them all together using a water soluble stabilizer and then I can apply them. I envision some small shrubbery like red alders or dogwoods in the foreground. Isn't it funny how the color changes depending on the time of day? This second one I just took mid afternoon.

6 comments:

elle said...

Oh yes! Gorgeous. I am also thinking how to add some textured bits in a book page. We are definitely thinking SPRING!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

I love the leaves!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Sweet! This is so very beautiful!! I love how very 2-D minimal color background is compared to the very colorful 3D leaves. very cool! ~Monika

Margaret Applin said...

This looks amazing, Holly!! I love where this is going !!

imquilternity said...

What a great idea. Those leaves add so much texture and dimension. These pieces are truly beginning to blossom.

rtquilter said...

This is lovely, Holly!