Friday, March 16, 2012

quilted tulips

I did get the quilting done on my two little tulip pieces yesterday, but I also got groceries and a had a doctor's appointment so I didn't have time to post. This is what my work table looked like in the morning. I added some foil and some Shiva paint stick color for some highlights.

You can see where I applied the glue before rubbing on the foil on this one.

This morning I went for  a walk . Even though it was still cold you really can feel the spring in the air, especially when the sun is shining as it is today. I went for my Friday lunch and when I got home, I put one of the tulips together as another needle case. I used a piece of felted wool from a sweater for the pocket and another piece of wool for the needle catcher.

Then I sewed right sides together, turned it and then top stitched.

The second piece is a little bigger so I'm not sure if I'll make another case. It could also fit a small notebook I think.

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

just lovely Holly....it is turning into a very nice weekend.

Gill said...

So pretty Holly!

elle said...

Just darling. I like that plastic basket look.