Thursday, October 21, 2010

Packing for retreat

After lunch tomorrow,  I head to a local center for  2 days and 2 nights of our guild's No Frills Quilt Retreat. It is called that because, unlike the next retreat in February, there are no games and prizes. We are free to sew, rest, walk, read, or nap, when we want, and all the meals are provided. This will be the first time that I've actually participated because it would have been too much for me when I was working full time. I've been ironing, cutting and packing fabric for the last couple of days. While I plan to finish a couple of small projects and Christmas presents that I've had on the go, I also pulled out a kaleidoscope quilt that has been languishing in my fabric closet for some time. You can see a piece of it  here atop my suitcase with my other projects. I don't really care for the color much anymore, but that happens doesn't it? Someone will, I'm sure.

Here you can see one of the projects that I just cut the binding fabric for. It is to be a pillow wrap. I plan to machine quilt it.

Also, this morning, I finished the free motion quilting on the second pillow top that my friend, Nicole, asked me to do for her. I just love the color and designs!
I have packed my camera so, I expect to have a few interesting photos for my next post. I will be home on Sunday. It just so happens that my friend, Paula, has planned one of her camp retreats next Tuesday. I will make my decision as to whether I'm up for it when I return Sunday. Then I'll have to unpack, wash, and repack. Also, I would need to make a casserole as my contribution.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

have fun at the retreat. It's great to get away with others who like to do the same thing.