Friday, October 15, 2010

busy week

As seems to be the case lately, I had a few appointments this week and did not get much time in my studio. I have almost finished the scarf I started though, and yesterday I purchased a ball of something called Ondas by Katia. It makes a very interesting ruffled scarf which I will show as soon as I get it started. I'd hoped to start it to-night but jsut realized that I need another yarn to go with it. Darn!
Yesterday I had 3 friends over for drawing. They have all at one time or another said that they'd like to learn to draw so I thought it would be fun to have them together. I didn't take any pictures of their actual work yet, but there is some interesting stuff. The first week I showed then the concept of a zentangle and they took right off with that one. Here is a picture of them doing a contour drawing as a warm up.
 This is a picture that I took arriving in Campbellton where I went for a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. It borders Quebec and is such a picturesque little place. The hump is called Sugarloaf. There is a trail that goes around as well as to the top. The fall colors were spectacular.

No comments: