Wednesday, October 6, 2010

fighting the cold

My energy spike on Sunday night was really a cortisone high. I had to double my dose due to a sore throat. I haven't gone back to the regular dose yet, but have decreased it, so now the cold is dragging on a bit and I'm a bit tired. Last night, I went to our guild pizza night. We had pizza first, a short meeting and then they were making little quilted caddies to hang on the back of a wheel chair or walker. I was prepared with my fabric all pre cut, but I ended up leaving after the meeting. I slept pretty well though. The sore throat seems better, but I have a bit of a cough.
Yesterday afternoon, I made a dozen more little blocks with my scraps. It really is fun! I've also done a little more work on the 2 elephants. I added some color with Neocolor crayons, free motion stitched with black, and did some hand stitching. I will sandwich them and do a very little bit of quilting next.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

amazing what a little detail does to them! It was nice to see you last night!

Lana said...

Holly, I hope you're feeling better!! I love the work in these pictures. It seems that hand-stitching always adds such a special touch. Keep taking care of yourself!! Glad you increased your dosage because a cold can be so dangerous for anyone with Primary or Secondary Addison's. Lana C. www.FindingLana.blogspot.com