Sunday, February 9, 2014

Retreat

Well I'm home from my 3 night, 4 day retreat, stretched out on the sofa under an afghan catching some of the Olympics. I'm looking forward to catching up on the opening ceremonies.
Except for a small issue with a rolling bed the first night- a friend gave me rubber cisterns- I slept beautifully. I got out for a good walk one day, went snow shoeing yesterday and kept up with a few exercises on my yoga mat. I wasn't so virtuous with the food though. The meals were great but I definitely partook of a few too many goodies!
I put the binding on my fish shack piece from last weeks blog. It is sold and I could sell two more!
Today, I walked around taking a few pictures of some other projects on the go. This is just a smattering if everything that got sewn.
This one is a Christmas quilt by Carmel and boy the blocks were small! I'd never have gotten it finished!

This picture cane from the Campbellton group, Linda and Christine. The landscape was a pattern and the castle came from a mystery quilt going on through our guild.

A couple more projects on the go today by leonine and Paulette.

The photo of the next picture doesn't do it justice. The fabrics were quite striking. It seemed quite an intricate design to me. I'd never make it through the whole quilt.

Finally, I got 21 of 30 blocks done for my quilt that will be a wedding gift. There will be white sashing added between all the blocks.
Again the colors haven't shown perfectly with my I Pad. I'll eventually get a better one. I tuck this project away for my UFO days. This week, I'll get back to my art quilting.
I hope you've all had a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

what a time you had!! I like the castle...but love that landscape.
I am off tomorrow morning to take care of 3 of my grandsons for a week, I will need a vacation the week after.....lol

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a great time. How nice! Some great projects on the go and I love your wedding quilt. The colours and fabrics are awesome.