I'm posting a quick blog note to say that I'm heading to quilt retreat on Thursday morning for 3 nights and 4 days. I've been busy packing a few projects.
Yesterday, I finished the quilting on the fish shacks. I cut the binding and backing to take with me.
On the whole I'm pretty pleased with it although there are a few small changes I would make.
I've been tossing around how best to stitch a piece like this where the foreground ice should really be quite flat but is not due to the batting. Perhaps I should just accept it as part of the medium.
On my next piece though I'm going to use more interfacing and maybe a lutradur instead of batting. We'll see how that goes.
I'm connecting to The Needle and a thread Network.