Thursday, February 27, 2014

A little break for a Christmas project

I've been busy in my sewing studio today working on a little project for next Christmas. I know it's kind of mean; I can't show it all because I'm not sure where it's going yet. And since I'm not getting anything else done, I'm showing you a peak.

I've drawn up designs inspired by vintage ornaments and used Inktense pencils to color them.
I should get it finished in a few days and then I'll get back to the shanties.
Tomorrow, I'm going out for lunch and then Saturday is a guild UFO day where I will work on the quilt I started at retreat.
I'm quite the gadabout aren't I?
Has anyone tried growing your own sprouts? I've started just this year and I have to say, it is rewarding in the middle of winter to grow something for your salad.

4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very nice Holly!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

I have a selection of vintage ornaments that I love taking out each Christmas - they are so fragile though! I really like your idea of growing fresh sprouts - I move my rosemary indoors each winter and it is delightful to use in cooking. I am just going to start my basil seeds and tomatoes soon..gotta keep believing this cold will eventually go, eh?

MarveLes Art Studios said...

I love growing sprouts... just haven't remembered to do it for awhile now. alfalfa are my favorite.

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Do you find the Inktense crayons are permanent on fabric? Washable?