Sunday, August 11, 2013

Making gifts

I'm sitting with my feet up taking a little rest before we go to the golf course. There's quite a breeze blowing; it's lovely and cool and I'm listening to the tinkling water in my fountain on the deck.
Friday supper time I heard all this ruckus of peeping in the yard and noticed a family of gold finches at the feeder . All of the babies save one seemed to have mastered pecking the tiny seeds from the gridded finch feeder. It tried but was only pecking where it was empty, and so gave up and went back to flapping its wings and peeping noisily on the deck rail. I waited patiently for about 5 minutes or so for the male to come give it some seeds.

It seemed to be only the male doing the feeding.
I'm so excited to let you know that I have an article coming out in the 2013/2014 Quilting Arts Gifts magazine scheduled to hit the stands August 27th. Check it out here.

It features directions for how I made and stencilled the snowflakes on my table topper. I can't wait to get my copy!
I'm in gift making mode. Yesterday, I cut the pieces out for an over the sofa or chair arm quilted caddy that you see below. I've just added the binding edge to the top of the pocket and stipple quilted the main section. The pocket section is pinned to the back ready for next time.

I'm in gift making mode. Yesterday, I cut the pieces out for an over the sofa or chair arm quilted caddy that you see below. I've just added the binding edge to the top of the pocket and stipple quilted the main section. The pocket section is pinned to the back ready for next time.
It's described as a sewing caddy but it would be good for anything including glasses, remote, crossword puzzle book etc.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on having your snowflake table topper in the magazine. How wonderful is that!

Wendy said...

Congratulations on another publication Holly! This is becoming a regular occurrence. Good for you! It was a lovely table topper...certainly worthy of publication.

MarveLes Art Studios said...

congrats! your snowflakes are the perfect fit for that holiday edition!

elle said...

Wonderful news, Holly!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Way to go, Holly!