Saturday, August 10, 2013

Gelli printing

After a day of rain, we have another beautiful sunny day, although I think it must be humid as I've been sweating all morning. I went to the market, did a few odds and ends at home while my husband is golfing. I'm hoping that after a rest, he'll feel like going to the beach and taking supper with us. I've made a corn and black bean salad.
Last night, I was feeling like doing something a little different, so I got out my paints, the printing Gelli and some blank cards.
I have a few old phone books where I press flowers and leaves over the summer months.
I used Queen Anne's Lace for these.


The ones with the off white background are the 'ghost' prints.
The left card in the next shot was done with a piece of pressed Allium.

There were unused areas left on the Gelli so I pulled some little tags.

I even used deli paper to print up the leftover bits. This one is a ghost print from a fern. It is so pretty that I think I must get some fabric ready for the next session.

I'll glue this to a sketchbook page sometime or maybe even a canvas.

5 comments:

Margaret Applin said...

AWESOME RESULTS!!!!!!
love the first shot!!

whyducks said...

Lovely results

cyndi said...

These are so pretty!

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Very artful. You mention getting fabric out next time. What medium are you using? Acrylic? Fabric paints?

Anonymous said...

beautiful results