Saturday, December 10, 2011

trail walk and the birds

I've just had a couple of very down days, feeling pretty fatigued with nausea and heart palpitations. Stress is very hard on a person with Addison's, and it's not always easy to know when an extra dose of cortisone is needed. I felt better today though.
Gord and I went for a walk down the NB Trail and I took the time to stop and feed the chickadees and even a nuthatch. The nuthatch is even smaller than the chickadee. You can hear it coming as it makes a funny little squeak.

When we went into the house we found this mourning dove sitting and looking at us through he kitchen window. I find doves so beautiful. It is sitting on the rim of the heated birdbath that my son gave me one Christmas. I've spent much time peering through my window at the various birds that use it.
These little friends of mine give me a real sense of peace.

3 comments:

deanna7trees said...

the peace comes through even in the images. sending healing thoughts your way.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I still find it amazing that the birds will land on your hand. I love the birds too.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I love watching the birds...the doves your have there are beautiful...I get mostly jays...take care of yourself,eh. Isn't it nice and peaceful to just walk and take it all in????