Wednesday, December 14, 2011

slowly building my snowman

My little snowman is ready for the hand sewing of the binding and a set of lights to be draped in its arms. I got the binding on this morning before I went the Auberge for my swimming. I don't know what it is with me and bindings lately. I had one on yesterday that I decided against. I had picked it out when I cut all the pieces out but when it came to the machine quilting, I chose a variegated pink thread as there was the tiniest dot of pink in the orange nose fabric. I forged ahead and sewed on the red binding and realized it didn't really match. I'm very happy withe this binding.

I also put the new border pieces on this little piece so I can hang it on my design wall and ponder how I shall finish machine quilting it and how I should embellish it with hand work.

I'm not doing much baking this year because I will only have my son and his girlfriend for a couple of nights. If I can't lose weight without the sweets in the house, it won't be good to have them here. I do need a little something to take to my UFO day on Saturday though and thus far, I have only baked 2 things. These are chocolate oatmeal with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. I didn't have quite enough oatmeal so I topped it up with coconut. I cannot post the recipe because it's out of a book called Smart Cookies.


I am linking to WIP Wednesday at the Needle and Thread Network.

3 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oooh that looks like it will be fun to work on! There's so many pretty colors in the art piece : )
thanks for linking - I'll be back to see how it's done up.
Monika

elle said...

Amazing how things change. I really like the new borders on the little thing. ;^) Baking is over rated. I'd rather mix up embellishments.

Wendy said...

Those cookies look yummy. Are you trying to entice me to UFO day? ...cause it's working! Love your new pieces. I really wouldn't want to choose a favourite though, because they are both lovely! Your snow fella is so whimsical looking and the flowers are like little bubbles rising from a watery garden. Nice..