Monday, December 5, 2011

snowman

This is just a quick post to show the snowman block that I did as the block of the month on the weekend for our guild Christmas dinner meeting tomorrow night. We draw names for the winner of the blocks. Won't it make a cute quilt?
The second thing I did was to put the border on this piece (after a consultation and consensus) using the quilt as you go method as I have already quilted the center part. Once I got home form our UFO day and looked at the picture again in my last post, I questioned my choice. To change it is a bit more work because the sections of batting are zigzagged on. Still one has to be satisfied, especially to continue with it. i would welcome any other opinions on this.
 This will be a busy week. I must get ready for a funereal today; a good friend's daughter passed away on Friday. It is so very sad when one so young (30 yrs) dies unexpectedly. We are all at a loss.
Then, if the weather holds I'll be away for a day.
Also, we recently got our feeders and heated birdbath set up for the winter. Among the usual chickadees and bluebirds, we have a pair of woodpeckers visiting. This makes me happy.

1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

That snowman is too cute..and I think the other piece is perfect.