Saturday, July 9, 2011
Some time ago I painted this soy wax resist flower piece. Today I decided to try to do something with it.
First, I traced the outline of the flowers onto tracing paper which I then taped onto a piece of supporting cardboard. Then I laid a piece of glass on top.
Onto that I taped a piece of thin acetate--Mylar would have been better, but you've got to work with what you've got. I cut it out with a heat tool. It's pretty flimsy but I don't plan to use it much.
I used my paint sticks and rubbed the color into the spaces cut from the stencil. I always create a dilemma for myself because I'm a doer not a thinker. The concept worked but now the flowers are about the same value as the background. I don't see darkening the background as an option. Perhaps, I could darken the flowers with more paint or perhaps the thread painting that I will do will suffice. I would welcome some suggestions.