Friday, March 4, 2011

heading out for the weekend

As i mentioned in the last post, we're heading out of town for the weekend. I'll be back Sunday.
I did my  errands today, as planned and came home to go snow shoeing with Gord who had taken the day off to do some things around the house. What a spectacular day it was. Temperatures  warmed up to around 0C, which is a very comfortable winter climate for outdoor activities. I have to show another chickadee feeding picture. They were all over today and I got lots. Usually they alight quickly like little dive bombers and take off equally fast but sometimes like today a few will sit and seem to be studying you. It s a very humbling and spiritual experience every time I feed them.
In my mail today was this Koi watercolor kit that I ordered on sale. I  had to quickly try it out. I can see that I must do a color chart to get better acquainted with all the colors and put it in the case for referrral. It's not a very good sketch as I was in too much of a hurry just before supper.
Here's something funny I did yesterday. I put this pear together (pattern from retro mama) without rereading the directions. Does this sound familiar? When I stuffed it today , it seemed a little fat. Upon reading the directions, I discovered that I had sewn in 8 wedges instead of 6. My ADD strikes again. I was inclined to leave it at first, but I think I will redo it as i find it a little too plump. It bulges out too much at the bottom. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Riel Nason said...

That chickadee is great. I love the fact that they are friendly birds. I've fed a few from my hands before. It is shocking how light they are when they land.

Lana C. said...

Ok, I am catching up. You ARE making these!! I want one Holly!!! It is beautiful and so much more awesome to look at instead of the ordinary tomato pin-cushions I have in my sewing box. Let me know if you ever sell them! LOVE IT!
Lana C.
www.findinglana.blogspot.com