Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fabric in the mail


Don't you just love it when you come home to find that little package in the mailbox? Here is what I found today, and if you look closely, you will see how well the colors match my existing colors. I'm going to get to work on a few accessories to update my look a little. I just love the modern look of these fabrics. They are linen and so scrumptious. Also, I continue to be pleasantly surprised with everything I order from blog land. Notice the little notebook that was included as a thank you...sweet.
I worked mostly 1/2 to 3/4 days this week. My intention today was to do a full day, but I was so exhausted at 2:30 that I left shortly after that. I came home and stretched out as usual. My poor sewing machine must be getting lonely.


I did grab my sketchbook and colored pencils after dinner to put some color on this little sketch o f some gifted flowers (thank you Paula- they are being well appreciated!) that I did early one morning when I was awake early. I am musing and planning to do something with this design on fabric that may involve dyeing, painting, stamping, and sewing. If only I could just get the energy up to do it.


Tomorrow we're heading to Fredericton until Sunday to visit my daughter. My youngest son and his girlfriend are also coming for dinner on Saturday night.
I'm planning to do a little shopping for some supplies that can't be bought locally. I'd like to find some plain linen to go with my fabrics, so that I could make table runners.

No comments: