Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Irony.

Little did I know months ago when I was trying to think of a name for my blog, how ironic and true it would become. In the past few weeks I have been reduced to looking at the world almost exclusively 'through my window'. I went back to work 2 weeks ago for half days and nearly collapsed by the end of the week. This week I've been at home; I seem to be getting weaker. My world has been narrowed to the sofa where I read a  little, knit a  little, and try to keep up with some work. Therefore, I'm not getting much done creatively. I've been doing more ripping out than finishing with my knitting.
I saw my family doctor on Wednesday, and she gave me a small meter to measure my blood sugar-- there was one level done that was high. Apparently blood sugar issues go with Addison's disease, as do other things such as thyroid problems, so I'm going to have tests for all that this Tuesday. I sure hope we find something.
I'm excited about the next journal page with my group because I kind of know where I'm going with it-- I just can't get to it. I've got the basic elements laid out. The theme is speckled eggs. I'm posting a picture of the basic elements, but I don't want to show anymore until the reveal at the end of the month. There is one more section I want to add which involves pen and ink. Since I'm shaking so badly I can't do it yet.
Also, I did manage to get the pieces for my fishing huts ironed down.

1 comment:

imquilternity said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having health issues and not improving as quickly as you had hoped. You're still managing to get some projects done and I admire that. I also want to mention that I truly love your blog...it's lovely!