Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Slowing Down

Things are slowing down around here. Whether it's the cold, the increasingly shorter days, the adjustments I keep having to make to my cortisone, or a combination of all three, I'm for sure slowing down. I just don't have the same energy to create when I come home from work. I feel like curling up with a book which I don't usually do until bedtime, or watching a show while knitting. I'm not especially creative with my knitting, often sticking to basic socks or afghans. I do find the mindless repetitiveness very soothing though and sometimes meditative. There have been times when I was agitated or anxious when I picked up my knitting, and after about 10 minutes I felt that the tension had left my body.
To-night's picture is of an afghan that I'm currently knitting. I'm using a Paton's Decor with 25% wool.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

thanks for the visual..very pretty