Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Quiet time

Yesterday I made the trip to Fredericton and back to get my daughter. I think I got very lucky with my timing, as there were accounts of snow and drizzle, but I managed to miss them. It was snowing as I drove into the city; however, by the time we were heading home, it was raining.
I'm still not feeling well; I had a chest xray which came back clear. I just cannot get my breathing under control even though I increased my cortisone. I have an appointment for a blood test at 6:30 am on Thurs morning and if I'm still like this I may pop into emergency to be checked again. I haven't had asthma trouble like this in years.
Oh well, it is making me slow down and it does serve to remind me of what is important in life. I'm feeling too low to keep up with my usual activities, so I sat on the sofa last night and watched a couple of shows with my daughter. Her taste in shows is nothing like mine; in fact I thought it was pretty bad, but it was still quality time together. It didn't have to be some great Christmas show or a touching movie. I think sometimes we expect too much, and when you let things unfold without the stress and big expectations there is no disappointment. It was nice just to quietly be together.
Today , I tried to take it easy--it's hard to move quickly when you can't breathe. My daughter made her favorite cookies while I talked and did a few small things. I think she did a better job than I would have.
I was so excited today when I checked my mail and there was a card in it postmarked from the West Indies. I participated in an art Christmas card swap and it finally arrived. Isn't it great?










I've included a photo of a t-shirt that I just finished on the weekend for my husband. I traced the outline from a photo from one of our kayaking trips, enlarged it, traced it onto freezer paper and ironed it to the t-shirt. Then I stenciled it with fabric paint. I still have to heat set it. I really like it...just hope it will stand up to lots of washings.

No comments: