Saturday, September 19, 2009

So Excited!

To-night I got a surprise phone call from my friend Anne who told me that we had each won two ribbons at the Kennebecasis Valley Quilt Show held near Saint John, NB. And, to top it off, I also sold two of my smaller wall hangings. To think that I would never have entered anything if she hadn't pushed me to do it.
I was so excited when she told me of a first place in the Modern category that I didn't get what the other one was for, so I'll wait to post a picture of the winning ones when she brings me the ribbons and the quilts. In the mean time I will post a picture of the two that sold. The one I called Seashore is about 12 by 14 printed with a handmade stamp, free motion quilted, painted, hand embroidered and beaded. The picture doesn't really show all the details.
The second one is painted on white fabric with Neo Color II crayons, free motion stitched, beaded, and the dragonfly wings were done separately with needle lace. It is about 9 by 12.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!