Sunday, June 20, 2021

After my hip replacement

It’s been 2 weeks since the replacement was done and I’m getting around well with little pain. I’m only taking Tylenol twice a day. I travelled the 2 plus hours to Moncton to have this method done (anterior) as it’s less invasive and they don’t cut muscle. I also opted for an epidural so recovery time is faster. We made the trip home fine, the only hitch trying to find a decent washroom that I could get into with my husband’s help.
This is my current means of transportation but only for one more week and I can graduate to cane for 3 weeks.
Tomorrow, I go to have the Staples removed and we’ll see if a shower will be soon.



What I have found very relaxing is utility’s stitching a baby quilt that a friend very kindly sandwiched for me.



I’m using masking tape as guiding lines along the diagonals using perle  cottons size 5 in a variety of colors. Today I set up at the dining room table as it’s easier on the back and arms.

I took a break to try a small sketch of some cornflowers.



In my last post I talked about the anxiety I’ve been suffering and my shakiness. I had to concentrate and relax to calm the hands.







So far, the anxiety meds have not helped, at least discernibly so. I will see the dr later this week and see if a bigger dose or perhaps further investigations may be needed. 
In the meantime I’m doing my best to follow my exercises, and do what I can to relax. Guided meditations are also helpful and there are lots to be found on you tube.
We’ll I’m heading to wash my hair in the sink as showering may not come right away.I’m lucky to have a high gooseneck and a shower head.
Happy Father’s Day to all the hubbies out there. I know I’ve been really appreciating mine for how wonderful he’s been in helping me out. I think the basic cook is learning to make meals!
Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm so glad to hear the surgery was a success and not much pain. I hope the recovery continues to go smoothly for you.
That looks like a perfect project to work on too.

Robbie said...

My hubby had the anterior hip replacement as well. He was back golfing in 5 weeks (couldn't use all the clubs but he golfed!). Love seeing your work too! Keep up the good work!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm so relieved to hear that the surgery is over and that it went well. Now let the healing continue - be good, and do what the medical pros suggest. Now it's to be hoped that the anxiety issue will get much less - perhaps a different medication will help.