Wednesday, February 10, 2021

(Temporary Backup) Quilting the Gelli prints, hand stitching a binding

It’s really nice here today, although chilly, about -9C with winds, here in northern NB. I did get out for a 30 minute walk with the ‘sled walker’ on the trail right after lunch. Yesterday, I walked in the sub division and the winds made my eyes water. It’s more protected on the trail and the sun felt pretty good.
In case you haven’t seen it, it’s my walker adapted with skis that are made to attach to stroller wheels. It goes very smoothly on the wide groomed trails an allows me a little time in nature which I really need.




I made a roasted butternut squash soup for lunch. The thing that takes the most work is chopping the squash up. It gets roasted at 450F along with an apple, an onion, a garlic clove and some seasoning, for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.  When it’s soft and cooled a bit I blend it with veggie broth and some almond milk. I had some egg salad on a Broghie with it.

I’m having digestive issues right now, something called gastroparesis, which I’ve had for many years but has lately worsened along with the diabetes. These were my drs suggestion along with eating softer foods. I’m trying to take it as  just another challenge. Sometimes it’s not so easy.

They’re light as a feather which makes them easy to digest I guess. And only 20 Cals each. They are about the consistency as those shrimp chips at the Chinese restaurant only not fried.



It was so good!



In my sit down times, I’m hand stitching the binding on the baby quilt.



I also finished the wavy vertical free motion stitching on my Gelli monoprints piece.





The binding is cut in a mossy green color darker than the green below.. I’m thinking about doing some meandering leaves on the pink border. And I’m contemplating a little screen printing here and there like this but more broken up, and maybe a white on the pink border. I’m not sure which is why I’m taking a break.



As for my knitting, I finished the front of the sweater and started the back. There is also a design in the back though simpler and narrower than the front. I debated leaving it plain. The pattern is so simple though and it adds a bit of interest as plain knitting can get boring.







The socks are knit with a Kroc yarn and I really like the graduated color. It’s also a pattern just enough to keep my interest at the same time being easy enough to do later at night.



We are still in some degrees of quarantine here in New Brunswick. The numbers are slowly coming down. There are not a lot vaccinations  going on yet. All we can do is stay home, keep busy, and wait. Soon.

Take care 💜


No comments: