Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sunday in the studio and the kitchen


I started my day after breakfast with making a veggie soup using leeks, carrots, celery, parsnip , tomatoes and garlic. I added some veggie broth and then, barley, white beans and rice and let it simmer. Here you can see it after I used the immersion blender on it. Before supper I’ll add more broth and some chopped spinach.

At the same time I made my min version of an apple crisp. I don’t follow a recipe. I make the butter, flour,  oatmeal, and sunflower seed crumble by eye and add a very small bit of cinnamon and coconut palm sugar. To the apples which came from our tree, I also add a scant bit of the sugar along with cinnamon and a bit of maple syrup. Bake at 350 C for about 30minutes. The house smells wonderful!



After lunch, I took the birches to the machine adding white stitching along one side and sone grey on the other and for texture. I had to take a break to rest my fingers and right arm.

If your interested, there is a short video posted on my You tube channel - link at the top of the sidebar on the right. I’m sorry the buttons are so large and in your face; it took me hours to figure out how to do the 2 icons there. I okayed with size a bit and finally gave up.



Later this afternoon, along with a snack and an almond milk hot chocolate, I’m stitching the binding on the Village House baby quilt while I’m watching You tube.




It couldn’t be a more perfect day.

This is where I am with the Christmas stockings. The motif I’m working on now, very slowly is going to be a snowman. It’s rather a tangle as there are 3 colors being carried. All the other motifs that I’ve used have only 2 colors to carry and is much easier.



When fingers get tired with that, I can pick up the little merino size 4 yrs socks that I’m making for the grandson, Gussie.



I hope you’re enjoying the weekend. Some of us are feeling more pleased and relaxed following the US elections. 💕

No comments: