Thursday, August 27, 2020

Slow stitching, slowing time

It’s been a while again. I haven’t had much that’s interesting to share with you. 
And last week we found a few days when we were both free of appointments and we headed to see family in PEI. 



It was a low key visit.  Now that they’re in their house there’s no need for the park. Ollie just loves to play outside. My walking has been limited; it seems from my doctor that I may need another hip on my right side. I  could sit out on the deck or sit inside and play with baby Gussie which was lovely.





We made a visit to the cottages to visit my family and Gird ook Ollie to the beach for a couple hours. 

Ollie is 3 1/2 yrs. don’t they love to help whenever they can?



We have some nice memories now to carry us to the next visit.  It could be in a month or not again for the whole winter. We’ll have to see how things go. My daughters partner is teaching junior high so I don’t know how safe it’ll be to go there once he gets going.

I also got to visit my 84 yr old mom who has Alzheimer’s and is in a nursing home. It was good to see her. She still knows us. Talking with a mask 6 ft away made it a bit tricky as she is partly deaf. It really got to me though when the nurse came to get her from the visiting area. I could not touch or hug her. We did manage an ‘I love you’ and she got it and replied. No sooner did they wheel away, than  I broke down. Who knows when or if I’ll see her again. I know I’m not the only one going through this.

Here at home, it seems that our days pass quickly without ever doing very much - simple  meals, a wee bit of gardening, the odd cleaning job and maybe some time passed in my studio.

This afternoon, I cleaned out a couple of clothing drawers after I’d shopped for pants and a top this morning. Two stores had mandatory masks but Reitmans did not. There was a good sale there; I told them that I’d not be interested to go back until they make masks mandatory there. 

I haven’t been at my sewing machine for a while. Many days I just enjoy sitting in the studio with some slow stitching with you tube on or maybe reading a book.

It’s so bright and sunny and there’s a lovely breeze coming through the open window.








With arthritis in my hands I can manage only a small section of hand stitching at a time.





I have really slowed down. But there’s really no hurry, is there? 

Look at the potatoes we picked from one if the  large pots.




This is what my husband did to help me get around in the house. He’s going to put a small one alongside my bed as well. They’re very helpful when mobility is limited. It’s a small house and I don’t always remember to carry the cane from room to room so this helps.



I’m still knitting some at night while watching tv. The latest is a lair of bamboo socks. I like the lightness of them although I’m not sure how they will wear. 





No comments: