Sunday, August 30, 2020

Organizing and listing quilt UFOs

If one were reading all my posts, I think you’d get the idea that I’m finally feeling better and getting back to myself after the long bout with the kidney stones. I feel better and my mind is not so addled with pain killers. The fog isn’t all gone - I still take some pain medication for my arthritis and my hip - but it is better.

I visited a favourite pottery shop on the Island, Village Pottery, and I picked up a couple more little pots; they’re great for dips and little snacks.





The rich colors really speak to me and I can indulge because they’re tiny and inexpensive.




It’s a rainy day here today so I’m experimenting with a video upload from You tube. Can you hear the background sound of the rain? Also, it took me ages to figure out how to share the video. My blogger had decided a while ago to be difficult. I hope this works.




We had a very late brunch here today; my hubby is learning to slow down a bit. Then, I headed to the studio where I made a UFO list.



Of course there are a few more that I’m choosing to ignore, lol. Some of these are years old.  In order to feel some accomplishment I removed the flying geese blocks from the design wall, stacking and numbering them by row.

Then I put up the house blocks. This is for a smaller baby sized quilt that I’d like to have finished as it may be needed. It’ll be faster to do and I’ll feel like I’ve had an accomplishment.



If you’re like me, you may be a bit fed up with seeing mask patterns and mask making. So, I’ll understand if you scroll over the next bit.
I really needed a few more now that we’re venturing out a little more often. As I already had these cut, I decided to stick with this type. I’ll leave trying something new for a time when I feel more like figuring it out.

I am however, perfecting the size for cutting and for the elastic and I’m including the new wires that I ordered.
They definitely fit better.
Next, I am going to order the adjustable elastics with the toggles which will mean I won’t have to cut different size elastics for my husband and I.



I found this little bag put away in my sewing things and I’m going to set it up to hold hand cleaning supplies, etc and masks in the car.




This one shows the fit. The new wires really make a good fit at the nose.




 Finally, my favourite part, my 2 grandsons Ollie and baby Gussie.




No comments: