Saturday, March 14, 2020

Quilts and stuff

We just keep on getting snow which really isn’t atypical for here in northern New Brunswick, Canada. Yesterday my husband and I travelled an hour to Campbellton for my spinal injection for my herniated disc and managed to get home before the worst of the snow. It is really a quite painless procedure. I only need a driver and must not be alone for 24 hours. I had good results with the last one about 6 months ago. It was suggested some weight loss would help too. I’ve lost about 20, need to do more but there is definitely some improvement. 

The snow levels are higher than the studio windows.


The view from my kitchen window.



We also tried to stock up with groceries on our way home. We have no virus cases in our city yet and only 1 or 2 in the province but I’m being told because of underlying issues to self isolate, so I will other than essential appointments. Our schools have been closed as well as sports and any other gatherings. It’s the same in PEI where my daughter lives. She is scheduled for her C section on March 30th and it’s looking like we won’t be able to get there to babysit Ollie. They’ll make due somehow; we’ll be sorry to miss it.

I visited a local florist last week and picked up a little green therapy. One is this little string of pearls which I’ll eventually hang.



I also picked  up a plastic lined basket into which I plan to put several orchids and an ivy plant. And that’s the book I’m presently reading.



On my design wall. I’m slowly joining the rows of majestic mountains. 




These are 2 sets of Gelli prints I’ve put up for thinking about.



This project has been laying around in various stages of completion for ages and I’m finally getting the binding on it. It’s a classmates bag.






Getting UFOs finished is one nice thing about staying home.

As always I have knitting on the go too. This is a baby or child sized afghan. I can’t watch tv without something to keep my hands busy. I’ve got lots of yarn in the house too!



Stay safe and healthy. Look after yourselves and others. 💜


No comments: