Saturday, March 28, 2020

Inspiring sunny days feel good

On fb first thing this morning, I noticed a post by a very small local florist, showing pics and offering free delivery. There was one I’d been interested in when I last visited and she had one left. I was able to email transfer the money and she rang the bell to let me know it was on the doorstep.

It’s a castle cacti and is perfect for the skinny window shelf in my studio. Notice the snow which is still above window level in the back yard.





I’ve been getting myself into a routine of playing with my previously printed sketchbooks and collage in the mornings.  I’m going to have to find a way to organize the paper and ephemera; it’s currently all in one box and seems to be multiplying as I continue to add and tear things up into ever smaller pieces. I have one empty plastic box that I think I’ll use but to sort some colors maybe I’ll try file folders.

This is one I started yesterday using the inside of a business envelope that I’d just gotten in the mail!




Another one made using a copy of a boiled page with leaf imprints. Maybe I’ll work into that grey with some pastels.




Today, I was inspired by this pic posted on Instagram.


 
And tried this. It’s not finished yet. I left room for a little pen work.



They are no works of art but very fun and absorbing. It’s a good way to develop design,s, ideas and even symbols and motifs that could transfer to fiber art. Start looking through your papers and see what kind of scraps you can come up with. I’d lov3 to see some!

It’s such a warm sunny day today that we had to get out. We took a few snacks and the snowshoes and went to the local golf course. Look at that sky!



Hubby wanted to check out a few of the birdhouses made by his father.



Look what we found in one of the birdhouses.



And of course I had to bring some of the wasps nest back along with a few other things.






While I was on the golf course, I also did a few small sketches with a water solvable granite pencil, adding a tiny bit of watercolour at home.











I had my tea while I wrote this. Now I think I’ll head outside to the deck for a while. 



It’s sheltered and warm in the sun.






.

No comments: