Tuesday, July 18, 2017

PEI long weekend

The summer is filled with such good weather and so many little trips that getting any serious art work done is not easy. We do have to take advantage though, both of getting outside and getting away, and the best thing, visiting with family, especially our grandson.
We've ust returned from 4 days on the Island-- two at the cottage and two babysitting Ollie in Charlottetown  at my daughters and her partners while they were away to a wedding. My daughter came to the cottage on Friday. Not many beaches compare those on PEI with its sparkling waters and red sands.
We had perfect weather! It actually got a little warm and muggy on Saturday and Sunday, especially in the apartment. This trip we actually managed a couple of outings without forgetting anything important such as diapers, sunscreen, snacks and a bottle ands thanks to a well packed bag by my daughter!  He liked the splash pad-- quite fascinated by the showers of water.
Then we put his his swim wear on and put him in on the step at the toddler end of the pool.
Afterwards we strolled back to the vehicle, sharing a sundae at the takeout while Ollie napped.
To say that we were tired is a huge understatement. I'm still recouperating and so is Gord. Despite that he said he'd do it every weekend if we could. It's a 4 hour drive, lol! I have what would normally be the two most exciting bits of news but which are almost forgotten in all the fun. I picked up my postage stamp quilt from the Spruce it Up quilt shop in Port Elgin where it was machine quilted.
Quilt
The pattern and stitch is really nice! Now i have to bind it.
 
And, big excitement for me! I brought home a new machine along with a stitch regulator thanks to a little gift from my mom.
Yesterday was catch up day, washing clothes, and picking up groceries. I squeezed in a wee sketch with watercolor at lunch time.
Today, I had one appoinment around noon. I washed more clothes and hung them out and I started another sketch.
I got so sleepy I couldn't get any further. After a little rest I managed to unpack all of the accessories for the machine and clean up the sewing room. I stopped at that though as I'm getting dinner ready early to take out to the mother in laws. I just took a tray if roasted veggies out of oven. Thank goodness for air conditioning!
To go with, I'm going to do homemade crusted haddock in the little bake oven. It takes 7 minutes. Easy, peasy. We'll take our beach towels just in case the weather holds and there's time gor a swim. We coukd get thunder showers.
 
 

3 comments:

Peg's Place said...

I love the trip to PEI. Yes summers are for getting away, although, I don't like to get too far away. I love your sketches and how you simply pop them into your day. Neat. Yum, yum. thanks for the idea of roasted vegetables.

Peggy said...

I love the trip to PEI. Yes summers are for getting away, although, I don't like to get too far away. I love your sketches and how you simply pop them into your day. Neat. Yum, yum. thanks for the idea of roasted vegetables.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh your quilt looks stunning! You must be thrilled to have it home and ready to be bound. Congratulations on having yourself a new machine, I do like the red! Isn't Ollie growing so quickly, it's amazing how the weeks and month pass by.