Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Birch tree workshop

Yesterday, I had my Shibori Birch Tree Workshop with 5 enthusiastic ladies. It is the first time that I have given this one, so I learned a few things from it. We managed to get most of what I had planned in; however, we could have used a little more time. If I were to do it again, I would divide it into 2 days, perhaps a week apart.

I taught how to paint the shibori trees using cans, how to cut out and fuse foreground birch trees, and how to add some painted details to them.


We made needle lace leaves and confetti leaves. Then they started their stitching on the piece. Jam packed!


They all turned out wonderfully and everyone's had their own unique look.





Today, I've been unpacking, and doing most of the things I do on Monday's -- filing, paperwork, etc. Taking a breather after a busy day yesterday.

To relax, I like to sit with my knitting. I currently have a couple pairs of socks on the go. These ones are almost done using Hermione's sock pattern from Ravelry.


I've also  started these ones with an alpaca wool mix-- pattern Faux Cable on Ravelry.



I like different projects for different moods.



4 comments:

Robbie said...

Lucky ladies to have taken this class...and a compliment to you for all they accomplished!!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Oh I wish I could have taken that class... it looks like it would have been fun!

And I love those shoes! Where ever did you get them?

Mereknits said...

Holly, I am sure your workshop was a huge success. Wish I was closer to take it myself.
Hugs,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

cool class...I wish I could have taken it!!