Monday, April 14, 2014

Building the runner

This morning I got up and did a house cleaning job that was way past over do. I cleaned my big freezer downstairs, a big job as it is large and was quite frosted up. It didn't take long to knock the ice off the walls but then I had to bend over it, scoop it all into a bucket, and mop it up. All in all, between that and making spaghetti sauce at the same time upstairs, I got a workout.
This afternoon, I added some batik prints to the thread sketched center that I did the other day.
I haven't yet made up my mind as to whether I should cut pointed ends.
It's quite purple isn't' it? I auditioned some greens but the purples somehow seemed best. I have to give some thought to how I will quilt it as well.
I feel satisfied that it's been a prolific Monday. I hope yours is too.



2 comments:

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Está ficando muito bonito. Amo os roxos!
Um abraço!
Is getting too cute. Love the purple!
Hugs!
Egléa

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Yes I think the purples work well too.