Thursday, July 4, 2013

Painting and sketching

I ventured out long enough this morning to hang out a load of wash and water some plants. Whew it is hot!
This heat makes me very lazy and sleepy even though I've got all the windows and draperies closed and so far, it's not too bad. It doesn't help that I've been taking pain killers for a problem I'm having in my left leg. It's been coming off and on for several weeks until this week when it got really bad. Of course I do some form of exercise everyday so I can't really figure out what's causing it. Last night I slept fitfully for only a few hours so I'm not fully functioning today.
I have seen the doctor for referral papers and have booked appointments with physio and massage. My first is tomorrow with a sports massage practitioner. I don't have much coverage so I'm hoping for an assessment and advice on how to proceed.
I did put the first coat of primer on my coffee table in the basement where it is lovely and cool.

After lunch, I ventured outside long enough to pick a couple of stems of the campanula that seeds itself around the yard. I think they will make a lovely motif for future fiber art.

While they're in bloom, I will pick them, draw them and photograph them so I can make stencils and stamps later on.

Some of you may know I love to read, especially new books on fiber art. This is one that I just got this week which I'm finding very inspirational.

There is the usual preamble giving supply and technique information which I sometimes find repetitive, though i understand the necessity, but the addition of the author's artwork makes it worthwhile. She gives many samples of how she gets from sketchbook to fiber art with lots of mixed media. It is one of the best books I've bought in a while.
I'm going to try to do a bit in my sewing room, but I think I may shortly be headed for a catnap.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Lovely Campunala.....they are so sweet and delicate.

elle said...

Those bells! The table will be great. What colour??? I hope you get some answers to the leg pain. Hot here also!