Friday, July 12, 2013

A test of the stamps

Once my collaged piece of deli paper dried in my sketchbook, I added some white stamped bells. The white acrylic paint does not have the best opacity but it gives me the idea. I like them and may cut a few more for variety.

On my walk yesterday, I found another little blossom that I'm unfamiliar with. I didn't have time for a sketch of it and I think it'll be wilted by tomorrow. I'm going off for the day to Moncton with friends today. Hoping to return with fabric and art supplies!
I can't seem to find this little branch i picked on my walk yesterday in my reference books. It seems to be a small shrub. Any ideas? As the season progresses, if it develops berries, I may figure it out. I'm on a quest to draw and identify as many wild species as I can this summer.

Also, I've finally signed up for an e course with Alisa Burke. The timing and price is finally right for me. I'm excited. I love her work!

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh very pretty Holly

rtquilter said...

Very pretty, Holly. The new flower is Dogbane. Not sure of its botanical name but Dogbane is the common name. I like it too and painted it years ago - watercolour.