Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A feather on my zippered pouch

Finally, the sun has come out and the air is less humid. I'm currently sitting on the swing on my deck listening to my fountain and the background song of the birds. It's lovely to be able to be outside!
I went for my lap swim this morning and when I sat down to do a little free motion stitching, I found that my arms were tired! I managed a couple of feathers on the piece for the back of the pouch I'm making.

I then cut the two lining pieces and got one side of the zipper sewn in. That was a good place to stop, head outside to write this, and then read for a while.

I thought I'd show you another page from my sketchbook, a little blind contour drawing, one of the techniques shown in the course I'm taking.

I really like the loose gestural quality of it. It would look fun on fabric.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is better than most blind contour drawings that I have seen.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Heavens......you can draw

John'aLee said...

Your work is amazing!