Monday, March 4, 2013

Cosmos and seashells

It's another dreary, wet, snowy day today with apparently more expected tomorrow. It sure doesn't make one anxious to get out of bed and get going especially when the body is aching and there's housework ahead!
I dragged myself out though, got over it and got the chores done so I could get to a little stitching fun!

I added 3 borders to the cosmos to make it a good size to make another pouch, sandwiched it and did some free motion stitching and quilting. Some might think it a bit of work when it's going into something utilitarian but I see it as a way to play with thread and use up pieces I might not use.
Next, I have a confession! I've gotten Downton Abbey, season 1, back from my mother in law who I bought it for, and I've decided to start watching it. I'm not much of a TV watcher, especially during the day but I've put it on twice now while I'm working on some hand work. I am getting into it!

The color is much richer in both these photos than is showing so I will try to take some next with the good camera.
This is a piece that I decided to re embellish, adding lots more. It's slow work but very relaxing. It is an improvement, I think. I'm having fun at least.

4 comments:

elle said...

It is always important to have fun, especially after drgging oneself out of bed to do chores. :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Why do we have do get the chores done first....lol. I'm the same!! Can't sit at the quilt or sewing machine til the laundry or floors or dishes are finished....lol
Must be a good thing,eh....

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

lovely piece Holly!!!!

Kitchener Quilter said...

I love the way those cosmos look with the quilting in the background. Lovely.