Thursday, March 7, 2013

Birches bag

Yesterday, my friend Elise came over and helped me to get the pieces cut for my bag while I finished sewing together my reject parts from when I was playing with piecing trees last fall. This one is totally random, really makes no sense at all, but I thought why not use up all scrap the pieces for an inside pocket. Now, it's already to quilt.

Then, I found this next piece which needed a few strips on one side. I did that while Elise cut the pieces for the backing and the lining. It will be an outside pocket.

I'll hopefully get them quilted over the weekend and then all the parts will be ready for the assembly.
I spent today sewing on my postage stamp quilt at another friends. After the dreary week, it was really nice to get out for some company. I just have a couple more blocks to finish. When I arrange them to add the dashing, I'll take a picture.

4 comments:

greelyrita said...

Gorgeous Holly! Your fabric choices are inspired!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

This is going to be a beautiful and unique bag Holly...I just love the birches!

elle said...

Luv those trees!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

Those trees are gorgeous!
Carol