Friday, June 1, 2012

a sunny day means outdoors

This is not the time of year that one can stay inside to sew when the sun shines. I miss my sewing time, but I also like to be outside in my garden. I was out doing errands a good part of the day; however, I did devote an hour or so to my garden later in the afternoon. With all the rain it is in dire need of weeding and mulching. I put in a few more seeds, did a little weeding and spread one wheel barrel of mulch. That is enough to make me pretty sore. This is my little apple tree garden with a Tiki mask that I also picked up at my friend's yard sale. I love it! It is perfect there and I can gaze at it from my swing on the deck as I watch the birds.

Before going out this morning, I made this rhubarb loaf with lemon glaze. It is delicious! Some of it is going to be delivered to my friends who are helping out with the yard sale tomorrow.
I dropped off all my sale items to the craft shop today. It looks lovely there this year--a few new vendors. I will get pictures when I go back next week and my things are displayed.
Tomorrow after making my food delivery, I'm going golfing with my husband. I believe Sunday may be not so nice, so I may get into my studio.

5 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Sounds like a really great day... and oooh, rhubarb loaf with lemon glaze! YUM!

pembrokeshire lass said...

What a sweet corner of your garden. I've never heard of rhubarb loaf but it looks delicious! Any chance of the recipe? Joan

elle said...

Looks good. I'm beginning to see my garden as the weeding proceeds and the lawnmower is back. No playing in the studio for me this weekend! vbsigh

Wendy said...

Yummm, too bad I missed it! Love your little garden vignette.

greelyrita said...

I've never heard of rhubarb being used in a loaf either. I wouldn't mind a hint about how to make this. :) Sounds like it might be wonderful. I do love the tart of a spoonful of stewed rhubarb. I should do that today...