Wednesday, February 15, 2012

more flowers

I went for my morning swim and sauna this morning. I did only 20 minutes today of laps in keeping with the doctor's directions, but it was very relaxing, especially the sauna and whirlpool.
It is so nice and sunny outside to day too, a balmy 2C here. I have my sewing machine facing the window so I can get the full sunlight in winter.

After lunch, I was anxious to get back to the 2nd cosmos piece I'm doing for my friend's sewing machine cover. I finished sewing in some ends, did  a little more free motion stitching--the grid and then I added some sparkly tulle flowers.

What I did was cut the flower shapes form the tulle and stitch them down with regular thread on the right side.

 Then I could follow the stitching lines to add an outline working on the reverse side using the purple Razzle Dazzle in the bobbin.
Now, I need to make a quick run to the grocery store and then take my little rest before dinner.
Don't forget to check my last post for my giveaway!

No comments: