Friday, February 17, 2012

some sketching

 My deck and feeders this morning were covered with gold finches that i watched while I ate breakfast. The males and females all look the same in winter.

I'm kind of in between projects now, except for a little beading on the cosmos piece. I have a couple of things that I'm working on that I can't show, a quilt and Margaret Applin's piece of fabric. So, I shall be contemplating my next piece in between these things.
I did my Friday errands and lunch today and after I got home, I pulled out my sketchbook and watercolor book as I've been wanting to get acquainted with some summer flowers that I fell in love with last year, the Cornflower or Bachelor's Button. I discovered that they are perennial and that they come in many shades of blue, purple, and pink as well as many different shapes and sizes. I hope to add these to my garden this year. I'm practicing.
This variety is so delicate!

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Lovely to see the birds...starting to snow here now...just a little. Your sketch of the cornflower is lovely.

Debbie said...

Beautiful sketch. I have bachelor buttons in the garden and the color is so striking. Here they freely sow and come back each year.

imquilternity said...

Is there anything you can't do? :) Lovely sketch!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I wish I could draw....my sketches look like a kindergarten project. :(

elle said...

Excellent. I'll have to look for those redish dots.

Anonymous said...

Ah Holly you're so darn talented!!! I figure maybe if we stay friends long enough it might rub off on me. lol,fushia