Wednesday, February 2, 2011

is it finished?

It's a wonder I get anything done with my indecisiveness! Between that and my battle with constant fatigue, I feel like I'm dragging all my little bits of fiber and fabric through several feet of water. This is just my way to explain why sometimes I can get things done and other times I feel very satisfied if I can just sew a few seams. As some of you may know, I am off from my usual full time job this year. My job now is to work on my health. I try to get  at least 30 minutes of exercise daily and if it's sunny, I get outside. Sometimes I feel well enough to do some sewing and sometimes not.

Today, I did a little free motion stitching on this postcard and cut the binding. On and around the moon I stitched some tulle with sparkles. When I'm lucky, I know exactly when I'm finished. Other times, like now, I need to pause. I think it's done, but I'm not sure. It is after all  just a little postcard. Does it need something?
Yesterday, I worked on a series of my sketches that I want to send off to be made into Thermofax screens to use for printing. I thought I might get them scanned today, but I need to go take a snack break and then I will do some knitting. I've got stew meat simmering on the stove--my first red meat in months--and i must cut up the vegetables.

2 comments:

Lana C. said...

Your work is amazing!! I love stopping by and taking a look, such beautiful colors, textures and stitches.

I hope you are feeling well. It seems that many in our little circle of people with adrenal insufficiency/Addison's are having difficulties. Keep posting, I am thoroughly enjoying your work and glad for the happiness the new camera is bringing! The pictures look great. Lana C.
www.FindingLana.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

...I really like your postcard as is. I don't know how you can sew and create such cool quilty works of art. I love the combinations of fabrics and texture...