Tuesday, February 15, 2011

chest cold boo hoo

On Sunday, I felt better when I got up. It was beautiful outside too. G and I spent the day relaxing and visiting his parents. I pulled out a small hanging I did last summer and I put the finishing bits of embroidery on it. I summoned enough energy to cut and sew a binding together as well. I thought I was on the mend but by Sunday night my throat started getting sore. Now, it's in my chest.
This little hanging is promised to a friend. Once I get back on my feet I will finish the free motion stitching in the border and sew the binding on. If I don't write for a few days it will be because I'm huddled under my afghan. I don't know if you can see it in enough detail. There are  a lot of layers of stamping, sewing, and hand embellishing.

Yesterday,  Gord took the day off for Valentine's day and I was too miserable to do anything. To be fair though, it was good for him to have a long weekend, as it is long time from New Year's to Easter in April. We were going to go either to the pool or snowshoeing and then go for lunch. We'll have lots of other chances to do that though. I spent my day laying around.
Also, we had another snowstorm yesterday  and it's still pretty gusty out there today. Here is what it looked like out my front window a few minutes ago.

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Lucky friend. The little wall hanging is wonderful. Here in Ontario we have family day next Monday to give workers a long weekend break.
I do hope you will be feeling better soon. Lots of tea and honey - and of course, chicken soup, if you aren't a vegetarian...

Wendy said...

Oh Holly what a change from when I saw this little project! I love it and the green is absolutely perfect for it. Lucky recipient!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope we aren't getting any more snow soon. We are thawing this week. I hope you can beat the cold quickly. Have you ever tried the Vicks on the bottoms of your feet to keep from coughing at night?