Friday, July 20, 2018

(Columbine collage and Watercolor

Earlier this summer I picked a few columbine from my yard to make a small bouquet. I sketched them one morning and I’ve been hooked ever since. I only have the one variety in my yard and had previously considered them a bit of a nuisance as they self seed and spread anywhere. Then I started noticing some different ones around town and searched them out on line. As with most flowers there are so many different beautiful shapes and colors. I’m making it my mission to search out more for my gardens. 

This week, I pulled out my papers and paints and had some fun cutting and glueing onto pages where I’d previously cleaned brushes and brayers. I knew I’d make good use of them!



Once started it’s hard to stop.



The black and white scrap lower right is from an envelope that came in the mail that day.

After I got home today and made raisin bran muffins, I sat down to ‘taste test’ one and play with some water colors in my mixed media sketchbook.








This is all leading to a piece of fiber art that I’m hoping to start next week. It’s too hot for me to spend much time outdoors unless I’m at the beach where I plan to be this weekend!

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Columbines are really one of the prettiest flowers - and with the added bonus that they're easy to grow. Your art creations are definitely doing them justice!