Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Poinsettia runner, Sketchclub doodles

It's a bit of a snow day here today, so I've stayed in doing all things domestic-- some wash and homemade bread.

While I'm dreaming about getting into some more spring like artwork such as the sun prints currently on my design wall, I really felt the need to finish cut and stitch my stamped poinsettia fabric into a runner.

The details in the batik fabric are not showing the best above. My camera needed charging and I had to use theIPad. Difficult to get a good picture when I had to back away so far in order to fit it all in the shot.

Was I crazy to have cut it all up?

I've also still been playing with a few of my doodles from the Sketchclub APP.

I have the I Pad and a very old computer which would not run Photoshop. Someday, I'm going to get a new one and learn it, but for now I'm stuck with some very rudimentary tools.

In the one above, I took a doodle, cropped it in Picasso, copied it into a Word document and sized it so I could fit several together on the page.

In the next one, I printed some doodles out, cut them out and pasted them onto the paper

And for this one, I printed a design and actually traced them all onto the paper.

It's all somewhat labor intensive but still fun to do. I think I could make one full page craft foam stamp that would be great to use when Gelli printing.

 

2 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Mmmm.. The bread looks amazing! The fabric is lovely, and yes, the iPads definitely don't do photos justice all the time!

Anonymous said...

You're making me hungry....for bread and doodles.