Thursday, March 3, 2016

Creative flow

Creative time in my studio is often varied. It can be slow and ponderous and detailed like when I'm doing thread painting on a small piece such as the shanties.

Other times, it is more frenzied and energetic-- which is not so often. I've been like this for the last 2 days and I just have to go with the flow. It means that when I walked into the studio this afternoon, my intentions were to finish the shanties, but I found myself picking up fabric and rotary cutter and starting to strip piece some curves in the luscious colors that match my sun prints.

The strip pieced curves are on the left. I also pieced a narrow strip of chartreuse silk which you can see above running horizontally above the bottom fern.

These are placed in random order for the moment. I'm piecing together all the components and I'll have fun arranging them later.

What could be more fun! Especially on a cold, windy, winter day when the sun is better enjoyed 'through my window'.

 

6 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Beautiful fabrics, Holly!

PaintedThread said...

Pretty, pretty! I love those ferns.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderful fabrics Holly - looks like Spring1!

elle said...

Fantastic!!!

Sandi said...

Your sun prints are lovely! I like how your putting it all together, love the unexpected black and white print you added!

Anonymous said...

Loving this.