Thursday, May 22, 2014

Artistic inspiration--a gel print

Yes, I've started a baby quilt and have a couple of other art pieces in in various states of progress but the artistic muse hit me and since it's been away for a while, I decided to go with it. Maybe it had something to do with the hour walk I took with my friend Anne to Peter's River and back.

I only did a bit of thread painting-- a touch of pink on the cosmos and some gold and brown in the centres. More will be added later once it's bordered and sandwiched for the quilting process.

It made me oh so happy! I've got plans! I want to add some feathery stems and more small flowers with lots of quilting and small details.
Perhaps it will have some hand stitching and a pieced border. Have patience!

2 comments:

sdBev said...

Holly
I am soimpressed with hw the cosmos thread painting defined the flowers. Lovely and impressive.

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Nice background texture.