Saturday, September 28, 2013

Spectacular weather

Yesterday felt like a true fall day, sunny, slightly crisp and fresh. Today it is warmer and feels like summer.
I got groceries done this morning while my husband did more of the foundation painting outside. He went golfing this afternoon, giving me some free time to sew. I did the rest of the machine stitching and quilting on my island art piece.
It's going to take a few days to finish up the hand stitching, so in the meantime, I'm thinking about something new.
After a nice walk with a quilting friend, I had just a bit of time before supper and decided to try out a mono printing idea on paper.

I brayered acrylic paint onto a piece of plexiglass and drew into it with a pencil eraser. Then I laid a piece of copy paper on top and rubbed with my hand.

I used a stiff paint brush and the eraser on the second one. I think this would work well on fabric too. I like the graphic quality and additional machine and hand stitching would add to it.

I hope you're having a great weekend too!

2 comments:

elle said...

Great mono prints. Lots of cold rain here. I never got the last laundry off the line. I hope the wind stays down! :O

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

These are really interesting Holly...was beautiful here today too...had a great day sewing with my girl friends.