Saturday, September 7, 2013

Journaling

This afternoon , I was supposed to go to the golf course with my husband but I wasn't feeling up to it. I guess I'm still recovering from all my travels. Also, I need to pack a bit for the 2 night quilt retreat I'm going on Monday and that was on my mind too.
I rounded up my fabrics and supplies and then since I didn't feel like getting into any sewing, I decided to do a bit of scrapbooking/journaling with the few pictures that I had printed from my Lunenburg trip to visit my son. I have done some scrapbooking in the past but didn't get into it in a big way and now I don't have the time.
I did, however, come across this little watercolor paper book that I made on our last trip to Lunenburg and thought maybe I'd add to it.

It's nothing fancy, some pictures, a bit of paint and some journaling to help keep those special memories. As you can see in the small photo, my son is a surfer. We had a lovely day at the beach that day. We'd heard lots about how much fun he'd been having, but had never seen him surf. His wife has just started to learn as well.
I've drawn with oil pastels and added some Inktense with salt and Saran for texture. Now, I'll have to let it dry.

Tomorrow, I plan to make a spinach ricotta manicotti, one for retreat and one to leave for my husband. I'm leaving Monday after lunch, so will finish up a bit more food such as fresh fruits and veggies in the morning.
I'll be away until Wednesday night.

2 comments:

elle said...

I just discovered saran wrap texture. It is lovely! Happy retreating!

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Something special about a hand made book. I did get to Lunenburg when I came to Halifax for quilt Canada last year. Very memorable. I think I could easily spend a month there painting.