Today, I decided to take a little break in between my fiber art work to do something a little different. I've been looking at rigid heddle looms for a while thinking it might be fun to be able to weave the rugs that I like to keep at my doorways.
When I came across a tutorial yesterday on how to knit a rug, I thought I'd give it a try. In the tutorial, she mentions that it might have been better to cut the fabric strips at 3/4", so that's what I did. I used a size 8mm circular needle with 42 stitches. It might have been easier to knit with the recommended 10mm needles but I do like the density of it so far.
It measures about 18" wide and I can see at this point that I'm going to need to cut up lots more fabric. It's a great way to use up the pieces of fabric stash that don't appeal anymore.
Tomorrow, I'll be out most of the day-- dentist, lunch and tutoring so I'll catch up again on the weekend.