My intentions this morning after meeting some friends for coffee, were to do a couple of household things, maybe do a little mundane sewing, like finishing a binding and sewing on a label and then getting in a walk this afternoon.
Instead, I started moving pieces around on my design wall. I decided that it needed something, so I headed to my printing table with a few hand dyes and my stamps. I did some discharge prints.
My friend, Anne, donated some pieces of silk fabric that she wasn't going to use and when I went to add them to my stash of silks, I decided that the colors worked.
This will be like a puzzle where I am continually moving and adding parts until I'm satisfied. I still have thread painting to do and I'll be highlighting some colors with brighter, richer paints and Paintsticks and maybe even adding in some foils for sparkle. I know, there's too much dark in the bottom left. That'll change.
I haven't decided yet if I even like the piece, but I am experimenting and caught up in it, so we'll see where it leads.