Well, we've had a great couple of weeks while my husband was off. Lots of sun and heat. Today he went back to work. It isn't too hot, so I was happy to get something done.
I ironed some fusible to three scraps of fabric for some foreground leaves. Then, for texture, I took some watered down paint and splattered it on using a toothbrush. As you can see I cut each leaf out individually. I had to pick each paper backing off with tweezers before I could iron them on. The things we do for art!
I stitched all the leaves down, added a line of fiber with gold flecks in it and stitched more of the red bushes. The picture above just shows a section of the piece.
It's coming closer to being finished. I've chosen a couple of binding options, and I'm just trying to decide if I should add a small highlight with red maple leafs.
I'm thinking of using one of these for the binding. I have a couple other black and whites I'll audition as well.
Finally, I feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's nice to be off. But good to be back at my routine.